1. Eases arthritis symptoms Turmeric tea’s strong anti-inflammatory properties can help ease inflammation and swelling in people with arthritis. This reduces painful symptoms.
2. Helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease While research is still searching for what exactly causes Alzheimer’s disease, it seems as though the curcumin found in turmeric may help prevent it. Turmeric’s antioxidants prevent damage that can lead to Alzheimer’s.
3. Helps prevent cancer Turmeric tea’s many medicinal properties, including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, could contribute to cancer prevention.
4. Maintains ulcerative colitis remission Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a chronic condition that causes ulcers in the lower end of the gastrointestinal tract. Turmeric could help maintain remission from symptoms.
5. Boosts the immune system The medicinal properties in turmeric may be able to boost the immune system, even in people with immune disorders.
6. Lowers cholesterol Lowering LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol can help reduce your risk of developing some serious conditions, including heart disease and stroke.